START STUDENT ORGANIZATION
Want to start a student organization at USI? Here are the steps to making that happen!
The following criteria are considered in approving new student organizations. When evaluating new group requests, Student Development Programs staff considers the degree to which the proposed organization meets each of the established criteria. Those organizations that best meet all the criteria listed below will most likely be approved.
- Does your potential student organization complement the misison of USI?
- Does your organization have a clear purpose?
- Does your group demonstrate a student need that is currently not being met?
- Does the name of the organization clearly represent the function of the group?
Steps to start an organization:
- Have a minimum of 4 interested students, an on-campus staff or faculty advisor and complete the Intent to Organize Form-- this includes uploading your student organization Constitution.
- Once your form has been submitted, a Student Development Programs staff member will contact you to set up a meeting.
- During your meeting, you will be briefed on how to create your OrgSync portal and what other steps need to be taken for approval.
DID THIS ORGANIZATION EXIST IN PREVIOUS YEARS?
Check with Student Development Programs to reactive a previous organization.