Utilize this form to submit a request to have an event promoted on the Community Home page in the banner area. This is a great way to get higher visibility for events you are wanting to draw a large audience. Events must follow all university policies to be considered. Submissions will be evaluated on the following:
Event is open to the public.
Event meets all university policies.
Event is not a regular organizational meeting.
There is room in the rotation of promote features.
Event must appear in the Community Calendar section for us to add it to the Promote Feature.
This form should only be used by departments that do not have an OrgSync portal to publicize an event to the University community. If your organization or department has an OrgSync portal, you will create your event in the portal and request that it be posted on the Community Calendar.
Campus Announcements for Registered Student Organizations
Registered student organizations may post campus announcements on myUSI for the following:
Special events that are open to all students.
Recruitment meetings - This applies to new groups that are in the Intent to Organize process and registered student organizations. Registered student organizations may only post one recruitment meeting announcement per semester.
Registered student organizations may NOT post campus announcements on myUSI for the following:
Weekly meeting reminders
Member specific information such as membership due dates and organization requirements
Events only open to members
To post an announcement on myUSI, you can complete this form. Forms must be received at least one (1) week prior to the date that you would like the information posted or we can not guarantee they will be posted.
Please keep the description brief as there is limited space.
Fundraising, Sales, and Soliciting - Student Organization
Fundraising, Sales, and Soliciting are ways that organizations seek to raise funds. Whether those funds are raised to boost the personal budget or to increase funding for a philanthropy, it is important for us to keep up with the great things that your organizations are doing at USI.
Complete the Fundraising, Sales, and Soliciting form to get your organization to the next step in the process!
Each fall, the Office of Student Development Programs sponsors the Student Involvement Fair. This is an opportunity for departments, student organizations, and community groups to increase visibility while sharing valuable information. This year’s Student Involvement Fair will take place Wednesday, September 4, 2013, from 11 AM to 2 PM, in the University Quad (outdoors in direct sunlight). We invite groups that offer services to USI students to participate.
The fair has an exciting atmosphere. We encourage groups to add to that environment by creatively decorating tables, while offering games or giveaways such as food, t-shirts, cups, pens, etc.
If you are considering registering for a table, please note the following guidelines.
• Student Development will provide one 6’ x 2 ½’ table and two chairs.
• ALL tables are ASSIGNED! (The fair will have a map to assist students with table locations.)
• Groups CANNOT stake anything in the ground during the involvement fair!
• Open Flame, candles, water, angel hair, glitter, confetti, and straw are NOT permitted.
• NO amplified sound. Due to the location of the fair, electrical outlets will not be an option. If groups choose to have small battery operated radios, the volume MUST remain at a low level because classes will be in session.
Policies for all participants
• Selling items is NOT permitted.
Cancellation/Inclement Weather Policy
• In the event of inclement weather, the Student Involvement Fair will be postponed to Wednesday, September 11 from 11 AM to 2 PM. All policies, procedures, time, and location will still apply for the September 11 date.
• Notification of cancellation: Participants signed up for the fair will be notified by 4 PM on Tuesday, September 3 if the fair will be postponed. In the event that there is inclement weather on September 11, participants will be notified by 4 PM on Tuesday, September 10. If the fair is cancelled for September 11, the event will not be rescheduled.
Registrations must be completed by 12 PM (noon) on Wednesday, August 28, 2012. Tables will be assigned on a first come, first serve basis. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Development Programs at (812) 465-7167 or at email@example.com.
This form should be used by off-campus advisors of USI registered student organizations to request a login to access the organization's OrgSync portal. If you are an alumni of the University of Southern Indiana, you should use your myUSI login and should not need to request a login.
If you have questions, contact Student Development Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org or 812-465-7167.
Once you're sure that USI doesn't already have the organization you are interested in, it's time to start the process of creating a new group. Start by filling out the Intent to Organize form. This form will help you complete the first steps of starting your group.
Creating an organization from scratch is a challenging, yet fun and rewarding process. Who knows, you could create a new group that exists at USI for years to come! To start your club, complete this form and take the first step in making your mark at USI!