Fall 2014 New Students
The University of Southern Indiana offers three orientation programs to meet the individual needs of our students.
Orientation is your opportunity to learn about the institution and get registered for your first semester of courses. Learn more about our orientation programs by checking out the links on the right or click here for a PDF version of the Orientation Booklet.
New Student Orientation
Designed for students entering a university for the first time or for transferring students that have earned less than 19 credits at another institution.
Transfer and Adult Student Orientation
Designed for students who have earned 19 or more college hours from another college or university or an adult student. Adult students are defined as students that are 25 years of age or older who are attending college for the first time, or are returning after an extended absence.
Designed for students meeting the following criteria:
- Transfer students that have an associate's degree or who will have completed 60 credit hours at previous institution(s) when they begin courses at USI.
- Adult students (25 years of age or older).
- Students taking all of their course through distance education.
- Students in the military that are unable to make an on-campus orientation or need to get registered early to get military benefits.
- Students that are part of the Vincennes University/USI One Admission/Two University program or the USIvy Concurrent Admission Program.
If you have questions about eligibility, contact the Office of Student Development Programs. To begin online orientation, click the "online orientation" link on the right.
Students Not Needing To Attend Orientation:
- Students who have already earned a Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Students who are full-time employees of the University
If any of these applies to you, please contact the Office of Student Development Programs at 812/465-7167 or 800/350-7830 so we may waive your orientation requirement and direct you to the next step in registering for courses.