Prepare for Orientation
Follow this simple checklist to prepare for your Orientation session.
- Read all the information provided on the orientation web site so you are prepared.
- Make your priority reservations to attend orientation online or return the completed Orientation Reservation Form by December 18, 2013. Reservations will be accepted until January 6, 2014.
- Make arrangements for Overnight_Housing if needed. University housing will only be available to students with spring housing contracts.
- Make arrangements to take any required academic placement tests or optional foreign language assessments prior to orientation.
- Make sure the university has received all of your transcripts and transfer credits information from all previous institutions and all documents related to CAP/AP courses/credits.
- If you need to change your major, notify the Office of the Registrar requesting this change.
- Update your address on myUSI if it has changed.
- Submit your immunization information to the Student Immunization Office.
- Prepare for advising session.
- Students with disabilities requesting special accommodations must register with Disability Resources (812/464-1961).
Bring these with you to Orientation
- Orientation Confirmation
- Student ID Number
- myUSI username and password
- Picture ID (driver's license or other ID)
- Unofficial transcripts of any college work completed
- Spending money.
- Immunization information
- Your questions and concerns
Inclement Weather Policy
If there is inclement weather and the university is closed on Thursday, January 9, 2014 the on-campus orientation session will be held on Friday, January 10, 2014 following the same schedule. if we would also be closed on Friday, January 10, 2014, we will not hold an on-campus orientation session. Students will then complete the online orientation and contact the department of their major on Monday, January 13, 2014 to register for classes. You can find out if the university is closed by checking the USI homepage www.usi.edu, contact USI Emergency hotline at 812-465-1085, or listen to an Evansville media outlet. More information regarding weather emergencies can be found at www.usi.edu/emergency.