New USI Student To-Do List
Here is a quick guide to what you might need to take care of before you begin classes at USI. All items may not apply to you.
- File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and turn in any requested paperwork with the Student Financial Assistance Office.
Phone: 812-464-1767 or 800-467-1965 option #2
- Make Reservations and attend an Orientation session. Be sure to check out the orientation checklist so you are prepared for your orientation session.
Phone: 812-465-7167 or 800-350-7830
- Make arrangements to take any required academic placement tests prior to orientation.
- Apply for on-campus housing.
Phone: 812-468-2000 or 888-864-8468
- Set up a meal plan with Food Services or when you apply for on-campus housing, or put money in an account for on-campus food purchases.
- Turn in required immunization forms to the University Health Center.
- Submit your final college transcripts to the Office of Admission.
- Have student ID picture taken at the Eagle Access Office during orientation.
- Put money on your Eagle Access Card (student ID). Money can be used in the Bookstore, Food Services, copy machines, etc.
- Register your vehicle with the University.
- Sign up for the University's text messaging alert system so you get all emergency alerts.
- Apply for child care at the USI Children's Learning Center. (The Children's Learning Center serves ages 2-5 between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday.)
- Pay your bill. (Bills issued 10th of the month.)
1. Online: myUSI or Bursar's web page
2. By Mail: Bursar's Office
University of Southern Indiana
8600 University Boulevard, OC 036
Evansville, IN 47712
3. In person: Cashier's Office-Orr Center 036
Phone: 812-464-1842 or 800-467-1965 option #4
- Buy books in the University Campus Store or online.
- Join the Student Activities Mailing List to find out about the great events happening on campus.